Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tips - Yahoo Groups

Here's a great hobby tip from Melonie - Yahoo Groups!

One of the biggest savings for me is to go out to yahoo groups and find groups that have similar interests as myself. For instance, I am a member of a kids clothing group….and they buy/sell clothing within the group which saves me $$ from posting my items on eBay and also I can find EXACTLY what I want for a cheaper price from a fellow group member.

Another example, is that I have a embroidery machine. I found several groups that I was able to join. The benefit to me is that being a member of the group allowed me to read what other people were doing when they had a problem, ideas for projects, and a wealth of information for newbies like myself. Best part is it was all FREE!

So how do you find a yahoo group that matches your interest/hobby?

Click here to go to Yahoo Groups.
Type your hobby interest in the search box.
You will get the results of matching groups.
If you find one that looks interesting, just click on 'join this group'.
***You will need a Yahoo login (free of course)

I have belonged to several different Yahoo groups over the past 8 years. Great resource!

Thanks Melonie!

No comments:

Post a Comment